четверг, 8 декабря 2016 г.

CALL & LG SKILLS BSU

Hello everybody!


Today I'm going to tell u about the ManyThings.org, which I used and actually use in my education, that's to say - in Belorussian State University. It also could be useful in ur studying process - no matter in school or university. 

This site is for people studying English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a Foreign Language (EFL). There are quizzes, word games, word puzzles, proverbs, slang expressions, anagrams, a random-sentence generator and other computer assisted language learning activities. TESL/TEFL teachers may want to recommend this site to their students.


Literature


The first time I asked for help to the site while I was preparing my homework for the American Literature. Here u can find a lot of American Stories and American History.



I was looking for the O. Henry "The Gift of the Magi". in addition to the text forn of the story, there was also a mp3. I've found it very convinient, because if I don't want to spend time reading the story, I can listen to it while walking.

The American History contsins 246 fifteen-minute programs and 5 four-minute programs.  That is about 62 hours of listening.



                 

                                    

                                                        Speech Practice


There is a great advantage, as for me. follow the link, choose the topic and listen to the native speaker pronunciation. It could be useful, for example, for 1st year students at the Practice of speaking and writing. The teacher hand out the texts to the student and they listen to the right english pronunciation. There is also a possibility to learn the prepared vocabulary b4 and to do the quiz after the listening.



Phonetics


It is also could be useful if u study or teach to American English Pronunciation. Minimal par practice, quizzes, Listen & Repeat videos: 'L' and 'R', 'R'-colored vowels, focusing on final consonants, vowels, consonant clusters - just follow the link.



Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий